I always swear I will continue to post, but then I realize that it takes effort to come up with witty things to say and it takes time to type everything up (and double/triple check my spelling and grammar as not to embarrass myself horribly).
So here I am again, avoiding grading 9th grade essays (sound familiar?), watching American Idol, and willing myself not to eat the Girl Scout cookies that are now living in my freezer. Or at least willing myself to only eat a few before I go on my diet tomorrow.
And this brings me to my "How I Know I am Old" List:
1. I am going on a diet starting tomorrow. Not because I am going to Las Vegas for spring break (thanks Mom and Dad!), but because I have a doctor's appointment in exactly one month and a day and I don't want my doctor to judge me. Seriously. I don't smoke, I drink moderately (except when I hang out with my college friends - such bad influences!) and I am not promiscuous. Therefore, all she can really yell at me for is my weight and exercise, and this visit, I would like to avoid that.
2. When I go to Bloomington to visit, I can only make it out one night. Once again, I am blaming my college friends for convincing me that there is no difference between 21 and 27. My liver disagrees.
3. I have a REALLY exciting weekend planned. Friday: watch a movie for grad school and write a paper. Saturday: Drive up to Baltimore to see the national tour of In the Heights with my married friends and then work on grad school paper number 2. Sunday: Lesson plan, grade, work on grad school papers.
4. I asked my School Based Technology Specialist to block a website. http://www.formspring.me/ is a website that allows you to create a profile and then people can post anonymous questions to your profile that you can answer. And one of my students created a fake profile for me. And what proves I am old (besides being crotchety and asking for the site to be blocked), is that I wasn't horribly offended by the question "Where is your favorite place to shop?" or the answer "Sears". (If you are reading this, you clearly know that Sears is not my favorite place to shop. And the suggestion that I shop there isn't as upsetting as hilarious because that is the most horrific thing a senior in high school could come up with.
5. I just ate a Thin Mint. And now I feel guilty. Damn it. Actually, I ate 4. Shit.
6. I watch The Millionaire Matchmaker and think I really need to find out if Patti Stanger has an East Coast office. If anyone can find me a mensch, it will be that meshugeneh. (But let's be honest, he'll likely be a schmuck.)
1 comment:
okay, am i commenting on this within an hour of your posting it? how embarrassing. i stalk you.
1) I GOT NO GIRL SCOUT COOKIE ORDERS THIS YEAR. i feel cheated. i need me some samoas.
2) i like it when you curse in your blog. so edgy.
3) you don't shop at sears?
Post a Comment