On October 27th, I will get to join my fellow District residents at the courthouse hoping that my number doesn't get called. I can't imagine that anyone would really want me on their jury. My father works with law enforcement, my mother researches the role of the juvenile justice system, and I am a highly-educated, well-read professional. And I am addicted to the news. Especially local news.
I guess the good news is that the courthouse has WiFi and I can bring grading. Maybe the day won't be totally wasted.
It does seem fitting that my summons arrived on the 2 year anniversary of my move to D.C.
(I would also like to give Dena a special shout-out for offering to call the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and try and get me out of jury duty for my birthday. She is a pretty big deal.)
No comments:
Post a Comment