It's no secret to the five or so people who ever read my blog that I am obsessed with celebrity culture and reality television. I just find it all so fascinating.
So it should also not surprise anyone that Lauren Conrad is one of those people I can't get enough of. The story of a sweet young girl from Orange County who is plucked from obscurity by a random MTV producer and becomes the embodiment of every 16 year old girl's dream - the normal girl who can become famous and fabulous.
Spoiler Alert: As Brody watches Kristin get chauffeured off to the airport to move to Europe, the production assistant moves the Hollywood sign and we see Brody on a Hollywood set and Kristin in the Town Car like two feet away. So much for reality.
Adam DiVello might be my new favorite person. What a way to end the show. Not just a suggestion that his "reality" show isn't so much, but a full-on statement. And while I never believed that "The Hills" was real (because I am not a 16 year old girl), according to Twitter many people did. Some even compared the end of the show to finding out Santa Clause isn't real. As a Jew, I can only assume that is a life-altering event.
So the real question is: how much of reality television is reality?
To be honest, I would hate to believe that the entire show was scripted as that would mean people have to sit in a room and write things like "So you don't want us to call you JustinBobby?" or "He's a sucky person!" and my personal favorite "I want to forgive you. And forget you."
But it is also good to actually know that the show wasn't real. Not only because it makes my life a lot less lame, but it also means that maybe other people won't think that a good path for their future is reality TV. I mean, who needs another Snooki?
So after spending 6 seasons (+ 1 for Laguna Beach) with Lauren, Audrina, Whitney, Lo, Kristin, Heidi, Spencer, Brody (and whoever else - BTW, whatever happened to Jordan and Brian from Season 1? Jordan is so much better than Spencer!) I said goodbye tonight to one of my favorite "reality" shows.
And on a positive note, I don't have to worry about where I will get my next LC fix. I have another book to read in her line of L.A. Candy books and B introduced me to the audiobooks (narrated by LC herself). Guess what I have been doing on my way to and from school this week...
No comments:
Post a Comment