I have to remind myself. Seriously. Sometimes I forget. Why you ask? Because my life is consumed by my job.
Today, I spent my entire day in the publications lab. It's hot and cramped. The only window is a skylight (that is now covered with signatures from the past 10 or so years).
I also supervised the writing center after school. It's something I am proud of helping to found, but it's another thing that keeps me busy and constantly up to my ears in Outlook Calendar notifications.
Then I went home and created handouts for multiple classes. I created one for my IB 2 kids about allusions in The Visit. Then I worked on one about themes and motifs in Night. Finally, I created one on an outside reading project.
Oh, and I also proofread my little sister's junior year paper. I'm glad she is a good writer. I don't think I could have read anything worse without losing my mind.
And while this is a typical Monday night, my job has already consumed the rest of my week. On Friday night I have a grad school meeting followed by an IB 2 teacher function (where at least I can enjoy a glass of wine) followed by a full day of grad school on Saturday and a full day of grading on Sunday. All the while, my best friend is in town visiting for the first time since the summer. And I have two birthday parties to attend. And I need to sleep.
Hmmm...maybe it's convenient that the flu is going around. I could use a day off...
No comments:
Post a Comment